Saturday, November 20, 2021

Friday comes with a bang, literally..

When week gets crazy and stressful we look forward to the Friday, the TGIF means something different yet same for everyone.

I had a stressful week, was so looking forward to Friday, a musical meet, for a change I knew exactly what I wanted to recite ( the comment from this host in a previous mehfil made it easy) and a new khun saree with a beautiful blouse was waiting to be donned.

I couldn’t wait for the evening, work somehow got over and I decided to drop something to a friends. We have a very long drive ( if you have noticed on my outdoor pictures) no-one comes there.

I got into the car, decided to text her my ETA, and JS started playing. Within 30 seconds I backed up my car and bang - hit the UPS truck delivering my order.

All my fault, but no-one was supposed to be on my driveway. The ease and comfort of known makes you careless and that’s what exactly it was.

Mr. Husband was called, I was all over the place, sad, frustrated and angry and above all sorry.

He comes out, talked to the driver, hugs me, holds me tight, takes the pictures, makes me sit and offers a cup of wine. “Its okay, it happens and it will be okay, just breathe” . He is not a hugger but he exactly knew what was needed at that very moment.

We went to see a mechanic and I was even worse thinking why couldn’t I be more careful. Unnecessary expenses.

All I really wanted was to curl up, complain and cry and he reminded how badly I needed to get to that musical evening in that new saree, I was waiting for whole week. He exactly knew that music and saree will make me feel better.

So within an hour I drove for an hour to spend few hours with people who love me doing what I enjoy. Yes- Jagjit Singh and the Saree made my weekend much better.

वो मस्त हवाओं के झोंके कुछ रात गए कुछ रात रहे

जैसे ये कोई रह रह के कहे घबराओ नहीं हम आते हैं


The appreciative audience made up for everything wrong




 They made me forget what happened few hours ago



No comments:

Post a Comment