Tuesday, November 9, 2021

My children - my world, my pride and inspiration

 The Pandeys socialized like anything last weekend. Diwali at home, then dinner next day at a friend’s , next day in Boston and a lunch on Sunday as well as another moms dinner meetup.  It was a beautiful weekend in Boston, some of the unusually warm days in November, not that I am complaining.  Ajey, my first born , had as difficult a time as everyone else. A 23 year old stuck at home with parents and a brother, working from home. We survived the time with whatever tools we had in hand. Ajey worked and also wrote a RPG game in his spare time. He made a good chunk of money with that kickstarter. This August he moved to Boston and started living on his own. I was worried but happy for him. My son had to handle all this expenses, household chores, work and responsibilities. He has a good  head on his shoulders so I was kind of ready for him to be on his own.

So my son spent his “extra” money on a watch, a very good, mechanical, German  watch. He was going to pick it up on Saturday and mom decided to tag along and dragged dad too. So we went with him, not knowing anything about the watch or the shop.

Watching him dealing with all the formalities was a real joy. I won’t write much about it but it was interesting to see how he makes decisions on his own with his own logic. Do I agree all the time? No. Do I see the logic behind his thought process - some time yes, sometime no. But I remind myself that at his age I was married, had taken one of the biggest decisions of my life. I at least enjoyed walking around Newbury street and a coffee after the shopping felt celebratory enough. I decided to document my pride and joy to remind  myself that he is a grown man and will do whatever he makes up his mind to. I need to stand by and let him learn. After all his mother didn’t listen to anyone when she was 24 :)


A simple silk bought in 15 mins from a shop in Nagpur.



No comments:

Post a Comment