Thursday, October 25, 2012

Happy Bday Dad..

After spending the whole day in Autism Consortium We both were exhausted. Emotionally I was just too tired and that caused for a celebration.. It was dad’s bday and for my boys it’s all about a dinner out. So a night before I asked Anand that if it was Dad’s bday who should choose the restaurant. If given a choice he will eat only in McD, Chipotle, five guys and Panera. We had many fights over it but thanks to Dr.A (behavior Doctor as Andy calls him) he could consider thinking about something else. He responded it should be dad’s choice but I am sure he would want the Panera. I couldn’t stop smiling and asked what if he wants to go someplace else and finally he said We will go whatever Dad wants :) That’s was a BIG deal.
On my way back home I was in different world, where Nicole Barros speech was comforting, Kate Supple speech was a rude awakening.  when we came back home and my Calendar popped for Franklin Sepac meeting in Panera.. And I was like oh lets go to Panera.
So poor dad didn’t have any choice we all went to Panera, (the Sepac team was a no show that’s another story) and had a great dinner. I cannot stop thinking how happy he was with the choice of place. But he promised the next place will be something else than Panera. He didn’t care for cake but a big cookie for dessert was enough for Dad’s B’day celebration…It was one of those sweet, sad day for me.. One of the best dinner we had in a long time... No fight for many refills of coke or many cookies ... how is that for a good happy Birthday dinner... steakhouse can wait for another lunch date.. Ashish !!! I promise..

No comments:

Post a Comment