Friday, October 19, 2012

If you know anyone in the similar situation ???



These days this is the question I ask everyone I talk to..It’s my mission to find people whom I can relate to, talk to about my son. After my recent India Trip (yes, You will hear about pretty soon) I had been thinking about many Indian parents who face the same issue when they go home .. (Well, this time I didn’t feel like home but that is the topic for another write up)  I did my Google research and couldn’t find any Indian specific group. I turned to my friend Facebook and didn’t find anything there either. I updated my status “ Looking for a support group for Indian parents of children with special needs. My 12 yr old son has diagnosis of PDD-NOS. Any reference and suggestion appreciated. If you know anyone in the same situation please let me know – Thanks.”
 I thought I would hear from many but no, I didn’t.  Later I thought what was I thinking, nobody will come out and say yes we are in the same boat. But two of my friend connected to two of their friends. I felt there is hope so I have decided to keep on asking. Then slowly I met two more families. Today I was talking to one of the dad and felt great about my effort. I am going to Boston next week to attend Autism Consortium with this hope that I might find some friends who are in similar situation..Musafir chalte jana hai..


No comments:

Post a Comment