Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I am not alone and today.. It breaks my heart ...



I am a mixed bag today, Hopeful, happy, sad and scared!!!
I spent the day with Ashish (By the way Happy Bday my man.. There is no way in this world I could do anything without you !!! you are my strength and everything) in Autism Consortium in Boston - reading, observing and listening whatever is going on the Neuroscience world. I didn’t understand most of it but one thing I got that things don’t seem very optimistic if we don’t act on this epidemic soon.. I met so many parents, heard couple of those and was wondering we all are in this journey for long haul. We all want the same thing, a bright future for our children. Looks like we are looking for a miracle.. I am sad thinking how many parents are going though same agony and feel helpless. But the same time I feel great to see how many people are working hard so our next generation will have some answer. I was shocked to read the stats that 90% of cancer patients sign up for clinical research but only 5% families with Autism will participate in studies !!! I wish I could knock door to door and ask all of you again , If you know someone please let them know science needs their help to find a better future for our children and grand children.
Today I write this with a sad, heavy, overwhelmed but hopeful heart that we will be successful, we have to .. No choice..No question asked..

No comments:

Post a Comment