Sunday, November 1, 2020

Silver lining - they may not seem one at that time

4 yrs ago on a fall Wednesday I was let go as a part of Strategic Refocusing of Workforce right before Diwali that week. I was training the team in India for couple fo weeks so I knew it was coming but again it was a shock that day. I was very well taken care off and I could afford taking some break. I decided to take some and enjoy my time. I thought I will just NOT do anything and rest. But that is the hardest thing for me 
I wasn’t looking for a job but I did what I wanted to do for a long time. Meeting other moms of children with needs and connecting them and building Mom's Network. for months I was talking, driving, meeting, chatting and organizing the meet ups. If I wasn’t let go I wouldn’t have done to this extent. I didn’t let the job define my life. I am so certain that I was let go because I had better things to do at that time. Soon I realized I couldn’t do it full time so I went back to being an analyst but by then I have built the village which needed everyone’s contribution not just me.
That break opened the door to a new idea, a concept and created a community for so many moms.That was 4 yrs ago. Over 200 Moms are part of that village today.
Met some moms from the Mom’s Network for an evening Tea. These Moms never knew each other couple of years ago but now they are each other's support system. This purple silk saree is a reminder of silver lining in our life.
Please read my blog, spread the word and help me connect the moms with children with special needs. 
The meetup on the deck, the 7 of us had multiples of chai and snacks and stayed 6 ft apart and talked about everything under the sun. 

Ajey's facebook post 4 yrs ago exactly this week was a reminder of how it all began. 

This pic is for my heart and soul - a reminder how far we have come. Anand is cooking chicken keema for his fajita.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment