Wednesday, June 17, 2015

100 Saree Pact - Blue and Autism Acceptance and opening your world and heart..

Some time you just wonder how mysteriously things workout or don’t work out in our life. We meet people to love them or just regret meeting them. Some things even make sense after years and may be decades.
I am putting together an invitee list for an upcoming event and the thought came to my mind. I have never done anything like on my own before but here I am doing it not for a cause, doing it for a friend whom I hardly know. Yes that’s what Saree Pact did that to many of us. Thrown together in a strange relationships – friendship, mentor, support, strength and sometime nothing more than some smiles.  Some jokes made us laugh, some comments made us think and some of them send us soul-searching.
We question our beliefs, we support the causes close to our heart, we hold each other’s hand and we laugh together.
On top of everything what stood out to me what how we opened our heart and world to others. I have been writing about Autism and our life and Anand. Never thought that I will make any impact someone else’s life other than ours. I wanted to make awareness and acceptance part of our and everyone’s life. But at some point I just stopped, was thinking is it really making sense to anyone or is it really making any difference. I wondered if I am putting my family out there too much. But then Saree Pact happened and it was April and all of sudden the April, Autism and Bluesarees were out there. I got some new audience and new people who started walking with me without knowing me, they were there to hold my hand, cheer me up when I was down, supported me without knowing I needed one, encouraged my sons and even better -learnt more about Autism and opened their heart and mind to some more differences. When someone posted picture of her kids volunteering in school for special need children, that where I thought- some time it is needed to put your thought in words for someone to read it, listen to it. It is OK to "expose" my family our struggles so someone somewhere might benefit from that.
Many of them just didnt wear blue they opened their world to some people who really need the goodness. some more acceptance and some more acknowledgement and some more thoughtfulness.
So even if it is not your cause, open your heart to something new, someone new.. thats what the Saree Pact taught me.
Amen to a better world..Thank you my friend, your thoughtfulness is whats that count..



2 comments:

  1. Beautifully put Jaya. It's wonderful meeting you, thanks to the pact.

    -Swathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true...u never know wht makes difference ...keep going on...

    ReplyDelete