Sunday, February 25, 2024

Week of "Random Acts of Kindness": Let it Continue

We often hear heartwarming stories of people spontaneously paying for someone's coffee or groceries, creating a warm feeling within us. We all make promises to do the same, yet sometimes we act on it, while at other times, we forget.

I wonder if we truly need a designated week to celebrate or act upon kindness. Shouldn't this be a part of our philosophy?


During a recent visit to Ogunquit last weekend, after checking in, I walked out of my room, met some ladies, took some pictures, and somehow didn't feel the vibe. After unpacking, I decided to give it another try. When I walked out, a woman was trying to get her stuff from her car. Offering my help, we both went to her room. At the same time, two women (the sisters) emerged from the next door, greeting us with warm smiles. Their rooms faced the sea, and our initial exchange was about the breathtaking view.


While the woman I was assisting got busy unpacking, the three of us stayed outside, enjoying the ocean view and conversation. These sisters had a family home in the area and knew the area very well As we talked, we decided to take a stroll on the beach. It turned out to be a fabulous evening—refreshing and filled with laughter. Despite their close bond, the sisters chose to include me, and we ended up going out for dinner with the entire group.


During our beach walk, I shared my desire to drive along the coastline in Maine. Without hesitation, they offered to accompany me. Next morning we drove on my favorite route, their long-standing connection to the area meant they knew every road and hidden gem. While they went for a hike, I continued my beach-hopping journey. We briefly met after dinner, and the next morning, they departed as I went for a walk. I couldn’t even thank them for their random act of kindness.


Meeting and spending time with them transformed my entire trip. Gradually, I made more friends, and by the time we left, I had connected with numerous women. However, I will forever be grateful to those two sisters.

Janice and Cynthia, Please know I am forever grateful for your random act of kindness. I sure will pay it forward.

A Jute Silk for a a musical evening. 

The Amazing sisters  
The memorable evening walk
Cynthia is a wonderful photographer, I will always remember this beach photoshoot fondly


No comments:

Post a Comment