Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Happiness.. Lets define our own..

While talking to a special mom I realized how well we know each other. We hardly talk and never met but could talk for so long and felt we have known each other forever. More than that we get what the other person is going through. I met another mom last week and another one week before, first meet but again it was something we all felt, the connection.
During that conversation one said how she is tired of seeing everyone’s rosy and happy life, while her world is falling apart. How Mom’s groups are not her thing as she feels lonely even there. How Facebook’s happy world makes her irk for her son’s very limited world. It did make me think. At the same time, I am guilty too. I don’t post my dark days or write about not so happy days in detail. I feel I post enough of Anand’s life on public platform, but shouldn’t embarrass him more than that. I write about hope, optimism and focus on his abilities than things he cannot do. I think I ask everyone around to do the same, focus on good things in life.
I am happy if shaving is done without too many fights, laundry has gone in the hamper, he has done his exercise without argument, dishes are gone in the sink without too much nagging, I get a hug, and there are not too many arguments about everything.
Today I am happy mom, an accomplished one to that matter. I made Mooli (Radish) and Methi ( green leaves) parathas and Chicken curry with cashewnuts. And My son ate those, did you hear that?? Anand ate those with curry. He tried three new things and loved them, without any bribe or too much noises, I feel like I am the best chef in the world, and on top of that he was OK with me taking those pictures.

This happiness may not last long, we might have a messy morning, things might fall apart tomorrow afternoon and a meltdown might ruin every bit of happiness I am feeling now. BUT for now, I am holding on to these happy moments and cherishing them. Sending hugs to all those mom who didn’t have such a happy evening but want to tell them that they might have a better evening tomorrow, day after tomorrow, next week.. just keep working and hoping and things will fall into place. Not your neighbor’s or that another mom’s but your own “custom defined place”, till then hugs to you all.



















8 comments:

  1. Ah yest the separated plate- Know it well! Whatever it takes right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) the bread shouldn't be wet with the curry, he wont use the bowl :) thank the corolle :)

      Delete
  2. That's awesome.One step at a time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here show dishes are gone in the sink without too much nagging.
    cheap Luton airport parking

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here, the display of dishes disappearing into the sink happens with minimal need for persistent reminders. Ezybook Manchester Airport Parking Deals.

    ReplyDelete