Tuesday, February 5, 2019

The real winner today..

"You look pretty, What is so special today?" As soon as I walked into office the security person asked me. She and many more must be wondering what’s up with me today. And I told everyone the same thing, 60F on a February day and Superbowl win and Parade today was the reason enough to drape a beautiful saree. No one needed to know that behind that broad smile I was hiding my anxiety and fear.
The story continues.. from Yesterday.
Last night the bag was ready, the phone and backup battery were charged. Anand and I looked at the parade map and with the google map we figured out the route for them today. I love travel and playing with map and locations. For the first time I was transferring my knowledge to my son, who, for a change, paid attention to what I was saying. It was a busy day with many pieces to fit and I was impress that he got that really quick.
Going to see parade wasn’t as easy as hoping on the train and going to Boston.
Anand had to go to his class in Mass Bay community college in the morning, then taking the subway and coming back the same way. Keeping track of time and location as the parade was for about 90 minutes only.
So we ran through the details one more time before he headed back to his room. Dad was the only one who could sleep right away despite having a day off today. Anand and I stayed awake late in the night. I wasn’t sure what was bothering me. I could hear him in his room too.
His teacher sent me email this morning wishing Anand for a wonderful day in Boston and telling me how excited Anand was in school yesterday.
This morning when I left for work, Anand was awake. I drove to work thinking I should have taken a day off to go with him. 
Ashish was kind enough to text me throughout the day to update and I am yet to listen the “Anand version”
Anand did get into his class, then uber was on time to take them to train station. Even with Green line having issues they made it on time to Copley Square, saw the parade ate something and with one green line and two bus rides and a uber to Mass bay college and then drove home.
I think they spend more time commuting than doing anything else. Anand always loved taking bus and train, today with so much trouble with subway he did good. It was a gorgeous day in Boston with unusual warmth but apparently, Boston had issues with trains and subways.
I was concerned about crowd and noise but he showed flexibly and worked around unpredictable issues with ease and grace.  Those pictures were proof how far we have come.
A happy son, hope fully has more stories to tell. He surprises us, amazes us and leaves us wondering what’s next.
This Dabu block print saree, a gift from a dear friend, was just not about looking pretty or something special, it was about a journey, a reminder how things fall into place mysteriously. I think that’s what life is all about.

 Thank goodness for 60F.. 



 The Bus ride.. Apparently on the way back they took  a train and a bus and train again just to reach Riverside station.


I so want to get into this head..

 Finally the riverside Station.. the Uber driver didn't want to wait .. advance booking can backfire some times. so the wait begins for the next ..

 6.30 AM photo that's all I could get. the warmth of friendship kept me together.. a blue Dabu Block print.
#AutismAwareness



1 comment:

  1. What a great day for Anand! What a wonderful Dad and Son day -- this just goes to show that anything is possible!

    ReplyDelete