Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Gratitude.. Thank you for such a wonderful day.

I couldn’t have asked for a better celebration and before calling it a night I had to count my blessings.

First of all, I want to thank each one of you for those countless msgs, mails, phone calls. I am so far behind in reading and replying. Still have to listen to all those voicemails on my phone. 
My day started with a beautiful morning and Bday hug from Anand, followed by India calls and text msgs. While I was getting ready for work a friend asked who goes for work on bday. I am so glad I went Jit wouldnt have been the same otherwise. Even if I have asked Ashish for a day off it would have been a different day. Not any interesting movie, or something fun to do. Also he would have been bored out of his mind with those 100s of phone calls and text msg notifications ; )
I stayed up late last night reading and responding emails and enjoyed my morning nap in the car. As one of my coworker asked if Ashish’s didn’t ask me to take a day off and go for movie or lunch with him. I responded that he did better, he drove while I took my morning nap : ) in the car. I was treated with breakfast and driven to work..
A beautiful gold fulkari was a saree of the day. I loved being complimented and people asking about my saree. It was a beautiful sunny day. A beautiful card from my team was just a reminder of goodness around. But surprise awaits in many forms. Ashish’s team had a cake celebration for me. I am in awe that he works with such wonderful people.
Whole day it was all about phone calls and msgs.  A wonderful friend kept the tea ready on my way back home. A short visit that’s all I could manage but it was wonderful time. She dropped me at the restaurant I was to meet Anand and Ashish for dinner. As soon as I walked I realized something wasn’t right. Anand wasn’t happy. We had this talk last night about this being my day and I should pick the restaurant and he agreed. I chose Indian so he will have his fav chhole and naan and we all would be happy. Who knew Taco Bell next door can change everything you planned. Thank goodness for guest wifi in the Indian place, he was little busy and then ate Chhole and Naan. It just takes a second for everything to go downhill. For a change, it was not that bad. Mom did deserve the celebration on her day. 
Everything today was a reminder how lucky I am. From chef coming out to check my saree, complimenting and cooking my fav dish and then celebrating my day with complimentary rasmalai..I still have to read so many of text and Whats app msgs but whatever I read I know I am blessed and these wishes work wonder. I am going to bed another year older but wiser and smarter and filled with gratitude. Please know my world is beautiful because you are in it.

A fulkari - a gift from my parents. While shopping in Amritsar somehow I just didn't like anything, the shop had so many sarees with designs and all fashion add on but somehow I couldn't find me in there. Finally my dad came to rescue and helped me pick this saree. It looked so dull in that bright colored mountain of sarees and dupattas but today it was just perfect..


Google decided to wish me too.


 A Bday celebration from my "extended" family ..A cake, some slides and songs.. 


 A tea was in the menu but you cannot say no to Halwa if it is your Bday, right? Thank you for celebrating my day better than I do..

The dinner was a reminder that we are getting old. Food was fabulous but we both couldn't eat much. but the Indian beer made up for the fun. Anand on the other hand had great time with wifi, chile and Naan..
Ajey you were missed.


and no-one has ever said NO to dessert on Bday,


No comments:

Post a Comment