Wednesday, August 19, 2020

An evening with my son to see the setting Sun - Scituate MA

 Sunsets over water are my weakness but living on the east coast makes it difficult to catch them. Google maps has always been my best friend so I decided to explore another coastal town. Sunset was not exactly over the water but still beautiful. 


We left home after work and reached Scituate after 5.30 pm. The day was just calming down, the light house was beautiful not grand, just a hint of history. But more than anything else the golden hue falling on the water was amazing . We hung out for a little bit and soon left for food. We decided we would get take out and come back and eat on the shore . When we reached the restaurant, the idea of having a beer with seafood made us change the plan. The air, the sky, the light and the seating made it perfect. We rushed back to the light house right after dinner.

The whole place was lit in a golden light, it was a one of a kind sight. The sun was setting and the sky reflected on the water was changing its color. It was hard to decide which way to look. I didn’t realized the effect of setting sun against the water could be so dramatic until last night.

We sat there listening to the waves and seeing the sun go down. For some time everything was just golden and the sky was a combination of so many colors.


 Scituate shores are rocky and I did go down to to the water but it was not like any other “walking to the water” it was hard work but worth it. I sat on the rocks for sometime soaking my feet but soon a big wave decided otherwise. I was drenched waist down. I was surprised how quickly the colors started getting darker and soon it was time for us to drive back home. We drove along the ocean for a bit and my tired and sleepy son decided to take a nap. I drove back home with Jagjit Singh playing and thinking about my day.


Driving with Ajey was a different  experience this time.  We talked about his new project. That one hour really gave us much needed time without any interruptions. I got to know more about his Roleplaying game book and the whole industry. He is managing his work and this hobby of his which is turning out to be full time work as well. We talked about project management, human interactions and connecting with people across the globe. 


I was thinking about another conversation I had had at home with Anand. He abruptly left a zoom call because I joined in. It was related to getting him ready for workplace training  and I joined so I could know what was going on. But he didn’t want to do anything with his mom there. The supervisor sent me a note later saying Anand wants to handle everything without involving his mom. I am happy and proud but also heartbroken and worried at the same time. A day made me realized how different a mother I am to both my sons. Hopefully someday Anand gets it but at this point I should be happy with whatever I have.

 I swear I never thought of this day when i was changing his diapers 23 yrs ago. A buddy, a friend, a confidante, advisor, a driver - a son can fit into so many roles.

 sunset and happy me, can you see the smile on my face

 A quick dinner, fabulous food, a good beer and fun company. We ate at Mill Wharf, amazing service and food. Happy me 

and he even pays for it :) a proud mamma moment

and what was I thinking.. Ajey decided to not go down.


various shades of Ocean and sunset. Go if you can. free parking at Lighthouse, pack a sandwich and just sit there and eat, take your beach chairs. No Bathrooms 





No comments:

Post a Comment