Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Family photoshoot - rain saga

some days are just unpredictable actually most days are like that in our life. we cannot plan, even if we do, we don’t know if it work, or half way or total disaster. Sunday Photoshoot was one of those. New England weather decided to play a prank on us. Two families for photo shoot in Lexington and a  socially distant hello get-together for families in Lexington was planned. Thought they should at least meet once.

Lexington is good 50 min drive for me. I have been wanting to meet a dear friend’s mom for long time, so decided to go little early to say hello to her.

It was so wonderful to see her for few mins and the rain decided to pay us a visit too. within 10 mins we said hi and bye and I was in my car driving to the first family for photoshoot. I thought instead of the park I will take picture in their front yard itself once the rain stops. I reached there and they lost their power. It was so heart warming to see all 3 men dressed in white shirt and mom in bright maroon Salwar Kurta, like the center of the family she was. I took some picture just to keep that image in my mind. I promised to come back next week and called the other mom to cancel. It looked like the rain was not going anywhere any time soon. Another mom made tea for me and the rain stopped, sipping that heavenly chai in her porch and misty weather was just perfect.  and I went back to M’s home to see her mom again and this time we were lucky. we got beautiful breeze and fun conversation. As a young Bengali Indian wife who moved to USA in 60s she had stories to tell. I wish i had more time. Many of us resonate our life with “ The Namesake”, she sure was from that era. When I was leaving home she was in my mind so I decided to wear a bengal Taant for her. imagine a starched saree and rain drops but I wouldn’t want it other way. 

A new Indian restaurant in town was just around the corner so decided to go home with the dinner for the boys. Anand was already done with his dinner and watching movie. The day didnt go the way I planned but I still  had fun. The disappointment could have gotten better off me but I decided to hold on to the meet with mom, the happy smiles on the kids when I took the pic, the shining eyes of one of the boy when he found his fav books in my car. I am getting rids of old books in my basement and the traveling library is spreading happiness. and then my own son happy with palak paneer and naan . The day ended on a good note.


Sunday 8/23 

A dear friend from Middle school- my shopper in Calcutta, Just have to remind her to shop keep ME in mind and she does wonder also takes care of Ashish's pocket, gets the best deal. Thank you Soma. 

Me sitting on a door step of a Bengali household in Taant Saree. Meeting M's mom was the highlight of my day.

 After a beautiful rain shower - It spoiled my plans but refreshened my soul. My saree wasn't happy though. 
The banner outside her home. I am so proud of all the work she does. Apple doesn't fall far from tree. 
3 of us enjoying the dinner. My sister asked the question right away, why 3 plates? Well 3 of us enjoyed the meal, Anand didnt care for anything and was happy watching his movie. It DID bother me for a bit but soon I told myself be happy that he is happily watching movie and you should enjoy with other two. 3 of us had good time chatting and enjoying some adult time.



No comments:

Post a Comment