Tuesday, July 21, 2020

A key to happiness - a lesson from my dad - on his Bday

A Photoshoot has been the highlight of my India trips for quite a few years now. My niece told me that she awaits my arrival for the picture sessions.That conversation is stuck with me.
Now I know past weekend events are stuck with a few more families. I took pictures for 4 families. Over 1000 shots were clicked and hundreds of memories were made. But to think of it they are not just pictures, they hold the key to happiness for so many people across the globe and bring them joy. The families back home, grandparents, uncles and aunts, friends. They are seeing happy faces and smiles. The action pictures, the couple pictures, the family pictures, all of them are capable of telling so many stories. I didn’t see frustration, tears, fights or arguments, awkwardness or hesitation, I not only saw but felt the smiles and the laughter and the ease. It took time to build the repo with families but then it was a cake walk.
I drove over 100 miles in 2 days and spent two evenings photographing but I came back home feeling rejuvenated and content. I could get out of the house, see some new people from a safe distance. It was a kind of therapy for me too.
Saturday was hot and humid but it didn’t stop a young mom from dressing up in her fineries. The kid was tired but survived and gave us some beautiful smiles to capture with his car. A teenage girl was kind enough to tolerate the heat and followed my instructions to change the place or position. The parents could get out of their “parent” role and become a “couple” for some cute pictures. 
Sunday was much better and a breezy evening and was just perfect weather wise. A new home owner did the photoshoot even before moving to their new home and opened their backyard to their friends too. They are neighbors in the community they live right now. The affection and friendship was obvious, so much so that the kid wanted to be in the other family’s pictures. It was funny, he was least interested in being photographed with his parents but loved being in his neighbor’s lap for pictures.
My dad’s birthday is today and I couldn’t think of anyone but him. How he always thought outside the box and did things for others. At this age he is making a family tree for 100s of families. Something new, something fun to keep him busy . Coincidentally his daughter is also doing something different. I am so proud to be his daughter, today and everyday. Happy Birthday Papa!

PS - I am taking picture of families with special needs kids. my contribution to their happiness , please spread the word. Read here about it - Here ( my previous blog)


  loved the colors in the garden so the flower ended up on the right spot :)
 Another backyard ready for photo shoot.
 3 yrs old, on a humid and hot day, exhausted by the end of the day but was a trooper and his car and a ball did the magic.

 Finding that perfect magical car, dry leaf or grass or a bug. whatever keeps the models engaged.
 The never ending bargaining, our kids are born negotiator. I totally enjoyed the conversation. you cannot see but feel the smile on moms face and kid working with his charm for 10 more minutes of game on the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment