Saturday, July 18, 2020

Happy Bday darling.. Beginning of a new decade..

It’s been so long since I write something about our life. April 10th. I was going through some difficult time and somehow I let it take over my life and soul.
It’s been more than 3 months, lots of things changed. It was beginning of spring and now they are in full bloom. I guess I did grow with them too.
Letting go can be tough but thats what the growth is about.
I think Anand’s Bday brought me back to my world. Being a parent defines your life in so many way. With him I grew too I guess.

Instead of writing something new I copy paste my facebook status from July 16th and 18th

The Bday boy gets his wish. just to stay home, do his school Zoom calls and play on his DS.
Tonight he will have Pizza, some cake and watch a movie - Chronicles of Narnia. 
I as a mother finally learning to celebrate his bday in his style. I made peace with him not going shopping and no party, no Moms Style celebration, no crowd.
But today he did video calls with his Grandmother and mausis when I wasn’t even home. That makes my heart swell. The kids has grown, not its time for his mother to grow up
Happy Bday Anand, you rock my world like nothing.

and then on July 20th 

Celebration is a state of mind? may be..
For a change I agreed to Anand’s wish and didn’t do anything mom style. He wanted simple things and I could manage keeping it his way.
A movie night, a cake with no song or candle, Pizza, and garlic bread.I did bring out some hot wheels just for the photo.
we all watched movie in our dark living room.
and I admit it was first time I sat through whole movie, not a single break. He got annoyed with my questions and talks but still managed. Happy Bday Anand- You rock my world like no-one. Stay happy, stay healthy and keep driving your mom crazy.

Today -again- someone did remind me how important it is to keep going if my words resonate with their experience. Thank you for this reminder, I so needed it more than you ever know.


Notice those hot wheels? 100s of them were part of my parenting journey. Almost all of them found a new home over the years. The last batch bids goodbye on Anand's 20th Bday.
 The struggle to find a perfect cake. Lost me in Whole foods.

Anand in a bar in Nagpur. We took all the kids of the family out, while everyone enjoyed a drink or two Anand played his music. I am glad he was there with everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment