Friday, February 26, 2021

How do you defend your kid from unkindness from your friends.

Today during a conversation , a mother suddenly asked - how do you educate your community about special needs? How do you stop them from making fun of your daughter or what would you do when they are talking about your kid behind your back?

I made some suggestions to her at that very moment, but it got me thinking about how difficult it is to have such people around. I told her to always remember “ to stand with your daughter” no matter what. Let go of those people and not worry if they are talking behind her back. I told her to be strong and assess the need of this kind of friends in her life.

Though it made me think. I was always a strong woman but more than that I am a lucky woman. I have friends who love my boys and I cannot imagine them talking bad about Ajey and Anand. They have always taken care of not only me but them too. Today I can do so much for these special needs families because my friends have made my world much better, but more than that they have made me this positive woman. How wonderful it feels that these people have my back no matter what. But at the same time, I have come across many people who didn’t understand what friendship is, couldn’t value the relationship and I had to let them go. It isn’t easy at times but you have to do it.

It might be my age too but that’s what I told the mother. “40”th year should be your number to weed out the negativity from your circle and don’t be afraid to confront people if they are being mean to your child. 


What do you do? How do you deal with people who are your friend but not exactly your friend.


 A Saree -Bengal taant - Two of my school friends went shopping in pouring rain. Here I am talking about friendship wrapped in warmth of one, went to see another one for tea.

They do the drive way meet because it just has been so long seeing you. 

They serve Chai and make a special cup just for you. 
They go to see Sunset on the water because you want to go. When they could care less for water.
My friends have fed, loved and pampered my boys forever. What value I add to their life I don't know but they add love, respect, care, trust to my life - yesterday, today and always.



They bring you easy care flower because you have brown thumb. Their love and friendship bloom season after season.

 Its a repeat, wore it in Summer 2020 with different blouse. 



No comments:

Post a Comment