Wednesday, July 12, 2023

A blogger's block? Or just dark days? Hope is a state of mind??

 don't know what it was, but for sure, it left me drained and dull. I didn't feel like writing at all.

A couple of weeks ago, I had a wonderful time with my firstborn and gladly wrote about it. It was kind of a high, but at the same time, I was not being honest with myself. I conveniently skipped writing about the difficult time I was having with my younger one. It was a very tough weekend, and I didn't know what else I could do. I did leave home and went to the city for a few hours, and when I got back, things settled down.

I think we all needed that space.


Finally, Anand is taking public transport for work. He books his own ride both ways every day for work, and there are times he goes to the local YMCA from work to enjoy the outdoor pool taking the same bus.

This is HUGE. If you have a child with needs, you will understand what an amazing accomplishment it is for us.


One more step forward, but no, it was not easy. It did come with its own share of pain, arguments, and anguish. But in the end, only one thing matters, and that is how proud I am. One day at a time.


So please know things do work out, in their own time. I did reach out to my village for suggestions, advice, support, and a shoulder to cry on.

Keep dreaming, rocking, demanding, pushing, cajoling, expecting, letting go, but don't give up.

A silk for a get-together. 


I needed to regroup and be away from "happening" to think straight or differently .
 Boys went with me for a cook out the next weekend, That was another big deal. Anand went without his dad and with me :)  

These two pics are a milestone pics in our life. Brothers waiting for GATRA the public transport ( from too far - I was not allowed to be there at all)  and finally when it was there. The driver was sure the most loved person in our household that day





No comments:

Post a Comment