Followers

Friday, October 4, 2024

Thank you for being my champion.

I have always had amazing people in my life. They empower, uplift, encourage, and inspire me. And when I am lost, they become my guiding star. These people come from various age groups.


I always talk about my village, which includes people from all over the world, and my local saree group is one of them.

My Sareepact year was my first encounter with the saree community, and it changed my life.

When I started the Desi Moms Network, I was creating something I didn’t have. It grew bigger than I could have imagined.

Last month, a magazine published my story, and I got to wear two beautiful sarees for the photoshoot—one for the cover photo and one for the story inside the magazine. My local saree group made a big deal out of it and wanted to celebrate.


We have all been friends for a few years now. This community is something different. I would have not met many of them if not for saree love. And now over the years we have become integral part of each other’s lives. 

A saree sakhi from India, who is here for a while, got to be part of it.

So, we reintroduced ourselves to her, sharing different aspects of our lives in the form of questions.

We all learned something new about each other. I am grateful for all the love, care, and gratitude I get to learn from each of them every day.

A Tussar for the evening.




No comments:

Post a Comment