Saturday, December 26, 2020

Merry Christmas - Holiday cheers - what does it mean for families like us?

*Written on Christmas Night*

Many a times the holidays and celebrations doesn’t mean happiness for us. Depending on what side of the bed we woke up on, things can do downhill in matter of minutes. This morning I woke up and wondered what this day brings to our household.

Pandey men are not very enthusiastic folks anyways. Since Anand got to know the real Santa, Christmas just turned into another day off. When kids were young I did all the tree stuff and gifts. For quite a few years now the Black Friday is the Christmas. All these years we did some lunches and went for dinner who ever invited. But somehow as a household we are becoming very boring family, It feels too much work.

This year, its different for everyone, we all have so much family time we all are craving for some human interaction other than family. Also the day falls on Friday so long weekend brings more time in hand. It also was one of the warmest day for winter. Unfortunately torrential rain cancelled the scheduled outdoor Saree meet, and a scheduled zoom call got postponed too. 

Morning began with Ajey’s cooking lesson and somehow Anand brought the holiday cheers. He was happy, cooperative and excited. we all had lunch together. The day was really fun. Then everyone needed their TV/Phone/Ipad time to regroup. Anand wanted to go see the Christmas light and I would do anything for a drive. it was rainy evening but somehow there was a happy star and men agreed for a family picture. That was a holiday miracle for me. His excitement sure forced dad to drive 30 mins all the way to Attleboro to see the lights. I am so glad we did. It was lot of fun. No rain, warm enough evening and hot apple cider that was our Chritsmas. As I call it a day I am grateful for this holiday cheer for us. I wish you all the better week ahead and hope everyone in your home gets up the ride side of the bed. 

The family pic - Highlight of the month may be - Anand smiled and that was a big deal. all of us happy and smiling. So rare for pandeys, who cares if one of them wasn't looking at the camera. Thank goodness for self timer.

He loves to pose for his insta, NOT for mom's

Somehow the men agreed to be in pic. I couldnt make them change or wear something Christmassy.But it was okay as is- I am learning to accept that. 


          Another family pic - well what can I say, I cannot get enough of them
My boy came to hug me good night. The perfect end of the day ,

 well my day began like this - Saboodana Khichadi by Ajey and carrot Halwa by Ashish. 
A beautiful saree gift from a friends - someone who helped us get through very difficult time, loss of a very dear friend. he was right there when Ashish and I were grieving. We lost him when Ajey was 4 days old. I came to Singapore with 2 months old Ajey and met a new friend who shared the name and the care and love for us like his namesake . His presence was very timely. We are very fortunate that his wife made place for us in her heart too. Every time he travelled to Boston her love and appreciation came in form of bhakharwadi, chitale sweets, Puran poli and saree. 









1 comment: