Saturday, December 26, 2020

Talk about friendship, motherhood, Anand and Sarees - Such a fulfilling day.

Written on 12/26/2020 

I am a story teller and always love being in one. If I don’t have mine I will borrow some from your life and make it mine. So beware my friends :)

Today was one of those days - a day with so many stories. A day with multiple folds. 

So a beautiful Saturday was much better because Anand and I are learning to “tolerate” each other, being kind to each other and listening to each other after very difficult two weeks. I can see Ashish saying with a smirk - let’s see how long it lasts. Well that’s the package deal if you are a bad cop/ disciplinarian parent in your household.  Yesterday we had a beautiful Christmas day (Story here). This morning I had a queen’s breakfast and this afternoon my first born made poori’s. Anand did his chores and gave me a nice hug and said he loved me. Well, today I am happy and hopeful and enjoying my happy dance.

After an amazing lunch I got dressed. A beautiful saree from a friend’s closet, found just the perfect match in my blouse treasure ( if you are an Indian woman you know how important and difficult it is to find a perfect fit and matching blouse with all those COVID pounds.) I loved wearing that saree and to be honest loved it on me. It didn’t make any fuss and just accepted me the way I was and I tell you my son’s camera skill sure made me look pretty, at least I felt so.

Last year I was the MC for a ghazal program and I felt so alive on stage. For those few hours I lived and breathed ghazals and poetry. I was in trans. A dear friend’s parents were there in the audience and our mutual love for poetry brought us together. I met them again when l was in India. They accepted me as their another daughter.  I am very sure the one program brought us closer more than anything. 

When I met her a few months ago ( yes, during COVID - we started a new trend - Backyard- socially distant, masked meets) she handed me a saree saying I should wear it. Her dad gifted her this saree when she started her first job. I so loved the whole idea of a father’s love and  pride for his daughter. It’s amazing how people come into your life to shape in various way. 


Today, When I was getting ready to be part of a podcast talking about my life, motherhood, womanhood, sarees, music, poetry, Jagjit Singh and special needs I couldn’t think of anything else. This saree was a perfect choice. Just like them and their talented and amazing daughter, this saree made me feel loved and appreciated.






Thank you for inviting me to your podcast Aditi and Natasha, Loved our conversation. My friends and families would love to hear other amazing stories on your podcast. 
https://anchor.fm/chaiandchat
Sunayana, Thank you for your friendship and love. From Jagjit Singh, Ghazals, poetry and now Saree.. I am so glad you walked in my life to add some more colors. 

Did anyone ever felt enough of pic of a beautiful saree?




No comments:

Post a Comment