Thursday, July 14, 2022

New beginning - for Ajey and many memories for us

The first born moved to a suburb last weekend, ok Melrose is not so suburban the way Franklin is but still it is a change for all of us. After living so close to city it will be an adjustment :)

2 days , hours of driving , packing, lifting, moving - it was an experience. It triggered a lot of memories of times gone by. Mr husband and I didn’t move too often but 25 years of our life was special in many ways. We were 24 when moved in together in Pune. Sounds cheesy but we got married. He tried to convince me to do that too, I should have agreed :) 

Then to another place in Pune. From there we moved to Singapore then here to US we were in Norwood for 4 years and finally settled down in this home in Franklin. I couldn’t stop thinking about all those moves and what it meant in our lives. So many memories. 

Now it’s our son’s turn, to choose, to plan, to search where he wants to go in life. Last year “close to the city” was his aim. After spending 2 years working from home he chose to enjoy the life in the city. 6 months in the city and he changed his job to a northern suburban town. He loves his job but commute took much of his time and moving was necessary. In the last few months cycling became his hobby so “bike trails” and nature became his search criteria. One year of living on his own made him a different man. Melrose fits his budget and needs. 

The changes are tough and sometime welcoming for all of us. This month Ajey moves to a new place and Anand comes back home after spending a year in CIP, Lee. As a family we are going through a lot of changes. I am excited and apprehensive both and  looking forward to seeing my boys grow.

Ajey still has his apartment in the city. I spent a weekend there. Wait for more stories on that.





When he moved to Chelsea I was very happy that he was so close to one of my favorite food place. We went there for a new beginnings lunch last year and the move could not be completed without a good bye lunch at the same place - Santarpio you never fail to please my heart and soul. 


A saree meet right after 3 crazy days in Boston. I was dead tired but couldn't resist the get togther. and I am so glad I did . it was lot of fun, food and chit chat 





No comments:

Post a Comment