Saturday, April 8, 2023

A color and a saree and a memory

I think I was 22-23 and my parents took my grandmother (Nani) to Varanasi ( Banaras).

They did all their religious visits and then did some shopping, two beautiful sarees for my (future) Bridal trousseau.

One of them was a beautiful no zari thread work silk.  Someone commented the color wont look good on me. I was hurt with that comment and tone and that saree never came with me.

It was a distant memory unless I saw this saree and now Jaya in her 50s didn’t care for anyone’s comment and loved this color. What a difference 30 yrs make.

I wore this Saree for Learn Quest music Conference’s opening ceremony. The saree was much loved and appreciated. 

I had a fabulous Good Friday holiday, spent the morning shopping, meeting friends and getting pampered and evening was all about music.

I guess the beautiful morning set the tone for the day, the saree was just the outcome. 

Do you hold on to bitter memories? What do you to get over? 

This contemporary revival silk saree is a treasured love. For a change the usual reluctant photographer Mr. husband did an awesome job, may be it was me? the magic of this saree and love. 





 Below pics are from Learn Quest face book page. Kal raat jahan main tha ( Where I was last night )







No comments:

Post a Comment