Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Lexington Resource Fair - One family at a time

 Every public school district in Massachusetts is required to establish a SEPAC parents advisory council for families with special need children. It is mostly run by parents.  

 Every SEPAC is different based on parents involvement.

I didn’t get much out of my town’s SEPAC. The town wasn’t very welcoming and I was not in a position to influence or offer any advice, slowly I just stoped going to the meetings.

Soon I found my village and became part of other organizations. But followed some other active SEPACs in our state. 

The town of Lexington has a very strong SEPAC and they had invited me to attend their resource fair. 

Usually businesses and organizations  exhibit their services. This was the first time “Desi Moms Network” participated as an exhibitor without any cost ( I am thankful to Lex SEPAC) . Our group was there to just “spread the word via word of mouth“ kind of a group.

The morning was so much fun hanging out with moms from that town. Many of the moms from Desi moms Network came to visit me that morning, many dads showed up too. It was great to see plenty of familiar faces at the event. They made new connections, hung out with old friends and introduced spouses to one another.

This was a new beginning, we are getting better and stronger and I cannot wait to see more families building their village.

A simple blue saree, a gift from a friend. I met her through 100 saree pact, one of my earliest cheerleaders, a brilliant doctor, who succumbed to cancer last year.

I miss her very much and that morning was just perfect to be wrapped in her love. 


A simple blue saree, a gift by a friend. I met her through 100 saree pact, one of my earliest cheerleader, a brilliant doctor, who succumbed to cancer last year.

I miss her very much and that morning was just perfect to be wrapped in her love. 













No comments:

Post a Comment