Monday, April 29, 2024

Amma and my village - celebration continues

 Yesterday, another set of friends came together to celebrate Amma. I did much better this time. It was a smaller group than last Sunday (around 30 people), and I knew what to do. I knew they were all here because they care for me. Simple tea, coffee, and some snacks, but a lot of talk summed up my afternoon.

I felt I was much better talking about Amma and her memories. I did have my moments when all of a sudden I felt the extreme loss, but somebody noticed and gave me a hug, and I got back in the moment pretty quickly. I know I've been talking about the power of the village forever, but I am experiencing it at a whole different level now. How comforting it was to see her on my screen (I have a slideshow of around 150 pics) and talk about her with people who care for me. Everyone asked me to do the same thing just like Amma would have done so - talk/call and take care of myself.


A couple of them have met Amma when she was here 18 years ago, but most of them got to see her in those pictures yesterday—a happy, vibrant Amma.

I know time heals, and even we will miss her always, but will learn to live with her physical absence. The last two Sunday meets assured me that she is around me in the form of my village, to support me when needed, to comfort me when I am down, to cheer me up with anything I do, to encourage me to move forward, and, above all, reminding me how fortunate I am to be her daughter.








No comments:

Post a Comment