Saturday, May 7, 2022

My village, your village and our village ...देखा एक ख़्वाब तो ये सिलसिले हुए


In the last one year things have changed drastically for us as a family. Everyone was home for so long and then all of sudden we were empty nesters. I had too much to say about our life ( I documented our initial covid social isolation if you remember) and then not much. The Boys were away and I didn’t have much idea about their everyday lives. My focus turned to other things. Covid, circumstances, life and age ( I turned 50 during the pandemic) turned my life in a different direction , gave me another passion.   

How I thought we will live differently when boys are gone, I will spend time cleaning and keeping house in order but my house is still messy, my yard still needs my attention, I didn’t learn any new language or art but I did build a community, connected so many people to each other. Building a village for people around me took over many things  for sure.

My different villages came together and it grew into a bigger and better village. Women and families got connected. My poetry, music, saree, special needs and activist villages came together beautifully and evolved into something more beautiful for everyone.

I love how they make up for the missing pieces in my life. When Mr Husband refused to be my filmy hero and sing in the Tulip Garden these 8 women did that for me.

A 150 miles trip to a Tulip farm in Preston CT is a beautiful reminder of what goes around comes around. The laughter, fun, pictures, jokes, songs, conversations, tea and coffee, snacks and promises to meet again.

Hope your village is also growing like mine. 

What keeps you connected? Are you building your village? 




who says you dont make friends later in life These women made me believe in friendship all over again. 
 I took pics for so many families in the farm, this pic says it all :) a dear friend saying - enough for taking pic for other people, pick your Tulips woman.. :) 
She was there to pick up Tulips with her son, DIL and granddaughter, I took their family pic and she insisted that I should be in one. I didn't understand her conversation with her son, he said  his mother wanted a pic with me. I guess we both spoke language of saree and smile :) 


1 comment:

  1. Love reading your blog Jaya. Beautiful nature and people!

    ReplyDelete