Saturday, May 14, 2022

Keep your friends closer - Tribute to an amazing woman

Tribute to a doctor, coffee lover and Saree enthusiast above all a fabulous human being - Kavita K Pattipati

Being part of something bigger and fun is exhilarating in itself and it comes with a few other added benefits. Meeting amazing people is one of those.  100SareePact was refreshing and something none of us had done or imagined before. 

Kavita was one of those people whom I met through this promise of wearing 100 sarees in one year. She was ( I still cannot believe I am using past tense for her) an emergency room Doctor, a pulmonologist ( irony - She died of lung cancer), an avid reader, fitness enthusiast, beyond the box thinker, coffee lover and more than anything an amazing human being, a mom to twins, a fantastic partner to her husband. Her love for morning coffee and posts about it, jokes about it made her one of the popular coffee lovers on Facebook. Funny that she only loved her morning coffee, you would think she would drink often but no it wasn’t the case. When my Autism awareness posts became big in the pact, she was one of my earliest cheerleaders. 

She made me feel loved and respected way before my work in Autism Awareness was recognized by many in the pact or beyond. I met her in December 2015 for the first time for a pact celebration event, two days in a row after being friends on FB for almost 9 months. I still remember her welcoming me with the words - “Oh my - yes -you are real” and if she could be my shadow for that evening and that she just wanted to make the most of our time togther . 

We met again another day and made our virtual connection real. We sure were mutual admirers. I loved the person she was but she made me feel royal with every interaction we had. 

In August 2017, another Pacter friend’s daughter got married in Vizag. As soon as she got the news that I am thinking about attending it, she made sure I made confirmed plans. She insisted I stay with her ( her exact word -“ we have a small house with basics but a very big heart and you already live there”). My first born and I went to Vizag and she was there to pick us up at the airport, took us home and made sure our stay was not only comfortable but warm and wonderful. Her husband and twins made me realize how lucky I was. She must have talked so highly about me that the 3 of them took care of everything so lovingly. She was an extremely busy woman, doctor ( Kavi and her husband run their own hospital) and an entrepreneur, she started a premium laundry services in Vizag. She was doing so many things, from teaching to taking care of many initiatives in her city and hospital and her work as a doctor but she made sure I got enough time with her. We talked about everything under the sun over morning coffee and idlis . She had read each and every post from my blog so she really knew things about me. I am grateful to the bride since I got the chance to be with Kavita and now I can cherish those memories. I am sure so many of us will have wonderful stories, because she made us feel very special, that’s the kind of person she was. She packed a bottle of spice mix for me from her kitchen because I loved it. Our clothes were wash and ironed, for the first time in my life I was not carrying dirty laundry after a vacation.

Rest well my friend, I know you will make the other world a better place. 

This post is a tribute to one of the most amazing people I have known, to the pact and the pacters I met, please know you all are in my thoughts. 


              Glimpse from the 100SareePact celebrations






 Kavita and her equally amazing husband Ramesh 
Below are some of the post just to show how amazing she was as a human being, never left a chance to make you feel important and appreciated. These are from her public wall, Our private conversations are mine to cherish and to remember how wonderful it is when you to talk to some so passionate and genuinely wonderful. friendship is beyond age she was 10 yrs younger to me 










No comments:

Post a Comment