Thursday, June 16, 2022

Is there a celebration for silver Jubilee of friendship ??

My trip to California is nostalgic in so many ways, meeting people who are part of my life over decades.

A kid whose mom is one of my best friends since his kindergarten, getting married, Meeting another one who was one of my best friends since high school, Meeting mom and brother of another bestie from highschool and another friend from our Singapore days. Thats what this trip is - a connection from past to our next generation.

My first born decided to accompany me for the wedding. We decided not to pack our trips with too many things and see what comes out of it.

The first wave of emotions struck me when I saw Ajey meeting our friend at the airport. “A” came into our life at a very difficult time. When Ajey was 4 days old, Ashish and I lost one of our best friend. The joy of parenthood was dampened. Ajey was 2 months old and I traveled back to Singapore to build our life as new parents. When I landed in Singapore, a met a new addition in the team Ashish was working with, A namesake of our deceased friend, who instantly took over the responsibility of comforting and soothing our broken heart. A (1)  would have been the most favorite uncle of Ajey and this “A” did slide into that role seamlessly. During our stay in Singapore he was always there in our lives. We left Singapore and came to USA and he moved back to India to start his life with the woman he loved. I was there for their wedding and that union brought another one into our lives. Quiet and observant she was and very quick she understood our friendship and welcomed us with love and care in “their” life. A was our friend but she took over the “taking care of friendship” part. 

Yesterday When I saw Ajey with A at the airport, I couldn’t stop thinking how marvelous it is to have these friendships in our life. I really need to find those pic where A was holding baby Ajey.

It was A’s wife who made a point that I must see a sunset on the water, knowing how much I love sunrises and sunset. I was skeptical going that far but I am so fortunate to have her in my life, quietly she made sure I get what I enjoy. A sumptuous meal with my fav maharashtrian delicacies, a drive to meet Aai, a sunset on the water, a drive along the ocean and not to forget a beautiful saree. 

It was our 27th anniversary yesterday and I actually was celebrating friendship, love and care with the people who really are part of this journey. 


Sun and Son @ Big Basin Redwood State Park- Waddell Beach 

The Day began like this - June 15th, 2022 - Boston Airport 
With A, who was with Ajey when he was turning onto her stomach, sitting, crawling, walking and running 
The better half, she really is a quiet "doer"  
With Aai, She saw me grow - a girl into a woman - she has been feeding me for almost 40 yrs now its my son's turn 







No comments:

Post a Comment