Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Life - Good Bad and Ugly - embrace it or deject it?

Past couple of days have tried my patience to the core. I was invited to speak in a Vietnamese group about Building our village, cultural biases and finding courage to be authentic in a foreign land. There was an amazing interpreter who kept up with my words/emotions and nuisances.

I was happy to be there but was heartbreaking to see how difficult it is for families who don’t understand English much. I understand the plight of immigrants familes but not to this extent. When you don’t understand English, you are not only deprived of resources but you don’t understand how the system works.


Another day brought another challenge - how do you balance your social responsibilities, obligation, expectation from the society and religion and keep your family intact. How do you manage when something challenges all your core believes and values. Seeing someone in that dilemma shook me too. I so wish my hugs and words could comfort that friend.


Two of my sisters lost one of their very close and long time friend. The kind of family we are, he became part of my life too. Our mutual love for ghazals, poetry and above all Jagjit Singh brought us together. His untimely death is a reminder of fragility of life. Seeing my sister’s agony over their loss, I haven't yet process my own emotions.

My dentist lost his 49 yrs old wife to breast cancer, last Monday. I have been with the practice for over 2 decades and known everyone. The staff loved her, my heart aches for young kids.

What do you do when you face life’s challenges? Whom do you turn to? What is your support system? What comforts you when nothing makes sense?

Among all this my first born turned 25, A quarter century of motherhood. That deserves another post. But he sure was my guiding star in this dark time.

A beautiful mul cotton, a gift from a friend just to celebrate friendship, respect and love. I will hold on to that feeling for today.

I wish you have those people in your life who make you feel loved and respected. 

We all need to have clarity and peace 
A happy baby in my arms- reminder how things fall into place
When nothing works clean the bathrooms  
"After" 
Above everything remember - this is what matters most - a happy kid







No comments:

Post a Comment