Wednesday, June 22, 2022

The things I learnt from my friend - what is in your list

I was in California with only one agenda this time, to enjoy the wedding and spend time with some friends who are in my life forever. One of my best friend, Shilpi, from High School lives in San Francisco too. I spent two nights with her. Her beautiful home, overlooking bay and mountain was a welcome break from everything. The house is in shape of half moon , a perfect spot for sunrise in west coast.

Two of us spent our time  reminiscing our days in Balaghat, talking about kids, family, our past, hopes and dreams, worries and some more. We were so different in school and college but always admired and respected each other’s opinion. We complimented and learnt from one another.

The conversation around outdoor fire log , a cup of wine near indoor fire, paratha and all curry in the kitchen, Coffee in the bedroom, walk in the neighborhood, South Indian snacks in the dining room we kind of move from one topic to another.

We have met many times before but this time it was just us, no sightseeing, no agenda, no todo list. Just us and our time without interruption. Some of the things I will remember always.

  1. Why create/fix/mend any friendship or relationship - if it is worth it - end the bitterness and start fresh, create a new relationship with the same person.
  2. She doesn’t insist or push for food, she said food is a personal choice - I loved it.
  3. She cleans the kitchen eveny night ( many people do) but she doesn’t do it for cleaning sake - her philosophy is why start a new day with yesterday’s backlog. This really made sense to me. I decided to follow her philosophy.

Do you have any of these tidbits? Something from your experience or someone else’s ?

Wearing a batik saree from West Bengal to celebrate Groom’s dad’s heritage, Agarwals settled in Calcutta. He loves Bengali sweets, food and art so I decided to drape a Bengali weave. A mehandi ceremony in another aunts home. #Batik 


 I always loved Payal (anklet), wore few times after I got married and dear husband got scratched. Anklet and glass bangles couldn't make it back after that in my everyday life. While packing for this trip I packed many of them and wore a new one with sarees.- Payal no - 2 

and the list goes on- I am not even listing the value of skin care, she was very patient to explain things to this fashion illiterate friend. Time to go shopping for stuff. But I can assure nothing in this world can make me look like her. My gorgeous friend is a mother of two grown kids, she hasn't aged a bit.
My gorgeous host for Mehandi day

No comments:

Post a Comment