Monday, June 27, 2022

What is plus one means to and who is your plus one?

 Most of the invites mostly means for family and couple, unless it is a specific kind of celebration.

The most recent invite for a very dear friend’s son’s wedding was for the family, all four of us. Anand is away this year and Mr. Husband was not very keen on flying to San Francisco. The friends have known him for so long, they didnt make a big deal out of it. The conversation around that was always fun to watch, her asking him to join and him responding nicely that he will participate through Zoom. Ajey on the other hand was all in.

It was our first wedding together here in United States and I am so glad he was my plus one. We packed together and took everything we wanted, plenty of clothes and shoes.  We are so similar kind of people. This was first time I really packed for myself with plan in mind, Sarees, dresses, shoes and jewelry.

Before the wedding we spent time with two other friends. One of them took Ajey to the city while I caught up with my bestie from high school. 

After checking in the hotel the wedding festivies began and the first evening “sangeet” I witnessed how much fun Ajey was having. He danced like there is no tomorrow, he is a talker and charmer and a wonderful human being and I am so proud of him but this vacation we saw each other differently. We are very similar and that has caused some disagreement in the past but we understood our differences in opinions and respected them. I can guarantee that those arguments are not going anywhere but at the same time I look forward to having many more trips together. 

I could see how different my trips are with 3 Pandey men, 3 different kind of plus ones. I am so happy that I have variety to choose from depending on occasion. I have my parents, sisters and Brother in law too. Now the kids in my in law’s family are ready to be my companions too. 

Who is your favorite kind of plus one and why?

A banarasi - a contemporary one. 











No comments:

Post a Comment