Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Wedding Saga - Fun, family, friends and Food - what’s in it for you?

A dear friend’s son got married in California and us aunties rushed all the way to the other coast to celebrate and enjoy the union.

The first ceremony was meet the family. My friend’s aunt hosted it in her beautiful backyard. Familes came from various parts of the world and many of them were meeting for the first time ( mostly in laws) and some close relatives after long time. It was lot of fun. Introducing each other and finding common connection. 

I have met some of the relatives before here in Boston, Many I knew off but met in person for the first time. The generous host made us all feel welcome and fed us well. It was an amazing evening overall and I learnt a lesson or two in hospitality, care, grace and generosity from the host couple.

I love historical fiction and specially by the contemporary authors. Who live outside India they have a very different perspective too. The host is one of them. One of her book The House on East Canal Road” was the one I picked for my travel. During wedding we got time to catch up on our love for books and got some time to talk about complicated human emotions. In her novel each and every character was strong and content yet respectful to others. 

The female lead, Aha, she needs a saree story just for her. 

The wedding brings people together and that makes it even more fun. This wedding wasn’t any different. The bride’s family is from Southern India, The groom’s mom is from Banaras, dad from Calcutta. I decided to wear Sarees from these region as my tribute.
Friend from my high school gifted me this beautiful Kanjivaram saree few years ago. I wore it for “meet the family event” just right for the evening. 


 My handsome plus one for the wedding. Mr. Husband decided to stay home and enjoy the peace and quiet.



 I always loved Payal (anklet), wore few times after I got married and dear husband got scratched. Anklet and glass bangles couldn't make it back after that in my everyday life. While packing for this trip I packed many of them and wore a new one with sarees.  
The Author - wish I had more time to chat, cannot wait for the next book









No comments:

Post a Comment