Monday, January 9, 2023

Do you meet people for a reason? Discovery Museum Saga #2

 Last night we had a “Especially for Me” event in Discovery museum. I have written about that event earlier so will not repeat the details. But this time it was bigger and better in so many ways. 27 familes came to the museum and for the first time in my life I saw so many Desi families with special need children under one roof in that kind of a setting. I have been to so many of these events and come across very few Indian families who attend them but last night I was pleasantly surprised by their attendance. Smiling, laughing and happy moms , dads connecting and children having a great time- it was a wonderful sight.

A dear friend connected me to the director of the museum a few years ago. I was invited for the museum’s gala and we thought of collaborating. I got busy expanding the group and then the Pandemic happened. A few months ago an email from them again pulled me in that direction. Their director of community partnership responded to my email and now it’s history how our first conversation was the impetus for this event to happen. 

She is from India so she understood our cultural needs and went above and beyond to make it an experience for our families.

I really marvel at these coincidences when you connect with people whom you never knew and before you know it their presence in your life makes it wonderful.

An uncanny connection - I was ironing my saree and somehow I thought of calling a friend from my Saree group who lives in that town, next to the museum and while talking she mentioned that her dear friend works in the museum. I knew instantly we both were thinking of the same person. Not too many Indians work in museums. With all the happy memories from last night and witnessing shock and pleasure at seeing our mutual friend with me at the museum will stay in my mind and heart for a long time. 

#Gratitude in my heart.

Wonderful Ms Community Partnership Director 
The amazing Staff  
the 3 friends :)



No comments:

Post a Comment