Saturday, January 14, 2023

What kind of people you are surrounded with?

A conversation, a phone call, a message or a Facebook post can stir many questions. I always believed in having friends very close and the people who don’t give me a good vibe stay little (may be more) far in my orbit. 

I was going through some old pictures of various meets of the Desi Moms Network from over the years. I could see the gradual changes, most of the moms didn’t know each other. Slowly they found their people and how comfortable they are with each other now. The pictures tell a whole lot if you look closely. The group grew and many subgroups emerged when people found same interests and passions. These pictures of smiling and laughing moms made it all worth the time and energy I put in building this village. They teach me something new every day with every conversation.

But again there are people who drain your energy. I was going through some pictures from another group where people pretended to be friends with each other but actually it’s all very superficial . 

What do you do? Hang out with real friends? Keep some close to party with ? Some for show off? Some for heart to heart talks? Some to share secrets with? What do you do with toxic people? What is your criteria? Do you let your instinct decide for you? Do you listen to your heart or mind?

A simple silk for a Saree meet !




No comments:

Post a Comment