Sunday, March 12, 2023

The legislature reception - Thankful to them who are on our side.

Walking into Massachusetts State House is always an experience for me.  I personally don’t get involved in politics , don’t enjoyed it but I enjoy my day there. I have been going to Autism Day for some time. This year I went for the 45th Annual Legislative Reception with the theme “Disability Workforce Equity Now!”

 I was in the company of some amazing people who have done so much for the disability community. The ARC honored two - a Senator and a State Representative for their support to our children. Many Congratulations and thank you to the Legislators of the Year! Senator Mike Barrett and Rep Christine Barber. 

Keith Jones’s empowering keynote speech will remain with us for a long time. His energy and enthusiasm is infectious. So powerful. He is an inspiration in a way for everyone who has a disability but “can do” with their village around.


For me it was more than just an ordinary day. I got to meet so many old friends and made some new ones but more than that I was not the only Indian woman in the crowd. I am so glad two of the moms from the Desi Moms Network joined me. 

The representation matters, being there matters and more than anything - every voice matters. 


 We all need to be thankful for how far we have come but remember that much more work needs to be done. 


 We all need to be thankful for how far we have come but remember that much more work has to be done. and yes - No saree this time. I had been asked by so many people I guess next year I really have to plan well.



No comments:

Post a Comment