Saturday, March 11, 2023

What is your story? "Embracing Equity” What it means for me

Workplace recognition matters some time.

I was featured in company’s Women’s month highlight. My story below- 


For me, “Embracing Equity” means forging a path of connection with other parents. When my younger son was diagnosed with autism, I didn’t know a single family like ours. This inspired me to build a village for Indian moms and children with special needs. Our community is not your typical support group; it’s a place of empowerment. These women helped make my vision a reality, and it’s been amazing to see our group of more than 275 mothers sing, dance, read, travel, dine, exercise and vacation together.

Throughout the pandemic, I hosted Zoom calls, set up outdoor photoshoots, organized socially distant get-togethers, and have since organized many more gatherings where families could enjoy being together in a no-judgment zone. This year, we started a similar group for dads. I have been blogging about my journey as a means of documenting this experience, and would invite everyone to consider doing your part in creating an equitable experience for families of children with special needs.


Link - https://www.statestreet.com/us/en/asset-manager/insights/international-womens-day-equity


A simple lehriya saree for a High Tea hosted by another mom from my network. 8 of us together around that table - empowering and cheering each other. Our children sure brought us together but its the mutual appreciation and respect which binds us together.





No comments:

Post a Comment