Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Music to your soul and environment

 The Learn Quest music conference has always been a great learning experience in so many ways. I've met some amazing artists and wonderful people. Spending time with the artists, hosts, organizing and planning team, audience, and everyone involved has given me countless stories to talk about.

I'm no exception, and today while waiting for security check at the airport, I noticed a pile of plastic bottles from everyone's bags. At the same time, I saw many younger folks with disposable water bottles. This triggered a thought I had been holding for weeks now.

One morning during the conference, I was an artist manager. My job was to take care of their needs from greeting them first thing to seeing them off from the venue. I was in charge of making sure their accompanists, instruments, stage, sound, lighting, and food were taken care of. My first group was a quartet from Chennai. The violinist was married to the mridangam artist, and he was an engineer. I loved how easy-going they were. While chatting with the host, she said it was like hosting her nieces and nephews. When they settled in the green room, two of them handed me their water bottles, saying they preferred not to use plastic bottles. I was already impressed with them before I heard them perform on stage.

I wonder about various environmental issues, but at the same time, I'm hopeful that the next generation is more aware and committed to doing things right. #Hope 

A Tussar saree for a musical meet. 

Spring in Boston

No comments:

Post a Comment