Monday, December 18, 2023

*Memories and people of your past life* Kulkarni Aai-Baba in Pune

28 years ago, I moved to Pune as a new bride, stepping into a new city and a life that held nothing familiar. In the TELCO colony, I began my married life. There was a tiny cooperative society for getting groceries and daily needs, where I learned Marathi from the staff. Kulkarni Aai was one of the managing persons, and through her, I met Baba and their daughter.


Soon, they became my Puneri parents, showering me with love and imparting wisdom. They even organized a Mangala Gaur for me with their daughter, a ritual performed for newly married Marathi brides.

Over the years, many people expressed how fortunate I was to have Mr. Husband in my life, but Baba was the first person to tell Mr. Husband how fortunate he was to have me by his side.


We moved from the TELCO colony to Pune, then from Pune to Singapore and eventually to Boston. I had the chance to meet them again when I visited Pune in 2012 with my kids.

 During this trip with Mr Husband, I made sure to reconnect with them. Baba remained the same witty man, defying the passage of time.

Some relationships never change, and some continue to make you feel loved at any stage of your life.

 With Aai-Baba's son and daughter

A cotton paithani I got for my MIL couple of years ago. 



No comments:

Post a Comment