Thursday, December 21, 2023

"Your Circle of Friends - Does Age Matter?

 My mom was a working woman for as long as I can remember. Then she chose grandmotherhood and moved to Bangalore. Throughout her life, she has always had a small circle of close-knit friends at every stage. Last year, my sister moved to a new place, and my mom's social life took on a totally different dimension.

In her new building, there is a large circle of retiree women (around 25) who play a crucial role in raising their grandkids and living with their children. They gather in the evening near the park to socialize.

I've been hearing these stories for the past few months, and during this trip, I had the chance to meet them in person. I was excited as my mother had never experienced such a large circle with so much diversity.


Meeting them in person was amazing. I enjoyed joking, laughing, and talking with them. Many of those stories will be featured on my blog soon.


That night, I bid farewell to two of the household helpers as well. They make my sister’s and parents' lives so comfortable, taking care of my needs too. They cooked whatever my heart desired, cleaned my rooms and clothes with a smile. I missed taking a picture with the morning cook. These two had tears in their eyes while bidding goodbye. They stayed longer than their usual time to do more work, making sure Mr. Husband and I were comfortable and well-fed.


A simple silk saree to celebrate the people who are enriching many lives in their own way." 












No comments:

Post a Comment