Tuesday, June 22, 2021

***When fear plays game with the mind***

Everyday I talk to my parents, mostly mom and some time dad. The topics are different with both of them and mostly unplanned. Specially with Papa, we have ventured into so many topics from politics, religion, books, people, relationships, friends and world. But with mom it starts simple.

I ask the usual questions about their breakfast, lunch and dinner , the calls they made to friends and families, conversation with my sisters and about their routine. What did you do? what did you eat, whom did you talk to and what did you read. If you have read my blogs you know my sister’s Amazon account is being used to the fullest for books. They have always been avid reader but Pandemic and lockdown has brought back reading more so in their life.


I show Amma my sarees, talk about my life and whatever is going on. There are days things don’t go as planned and we have been through awkward and unpleasant conversation too but thats the beauty of love and respect. You forget and forgive. We all are strong and very opinionated people. i think my mom is the mildest in a way, she will listen to everyone and sometime get hurt too but again she knows how much we love her so she bounces back with same affection and love. My dad could be hard to please sometime, but one thing for sure he adores his daughters. 

But today’s conversation I realized how difficult this situation is for them. not being able to go to Balaghat (our home town) whoever they feel like, feeling of being stuck. Slowly they both are giving up on “fear of Covid” being restless. “How long” has been in everyone’s mind but today I felt that the anxiety and fear is turning into something else. I hope we all find footing and survive this day and tomorrow brings some sunshine. This father’s day is not an exception by any means. I wish some love, happiness, calm and hope.

A bengal cotton for a simple BBQ dinner at old friend's home, it is refreshing to be able to do it. Just 4 of us adults, a peaceful backyard and simple meal with some refreshing Sangria. 


 Found this Mr. Frog resting on my walk this morning. 
I must have walked through this 100s times. one day I decided to not talking on phone and noticing 




No comments:

Post a Comment