Monday, June 28, 2021

A full day, full heart and happy soul - A day can be like this

There are days when all of sudden things fall into place. Oanh and I have been thinking of meeting for really really long time but we just couldn’t. Last week she asked if Sunday would work and I agreed. I had Moms Network picnic but didn’t want to miss the chance so we found a middle ground - Brunch fit perfectly in our crazy schedule. I needed to leave for picnic by 3.30.

 

The mom and daughter duo were the perfect guest for food. couple of curries and paratha and we were good.The real fun began after that - the saree adventure. I won’t write and let the pic do the talking. 

Oanh is from Vietnam and moved to USA for her daughter. She did her Masters in Master in Health Administration and Master in International Sustainable Development and works with Dept of Public health now. Her daughter drives her passion for work.

I met her few years ago when she was working with Federation for Children with Special Needs.

She founded support group for Vietnamese families and inspired me in a way to do the same for Indian community.

 

We have been planning our lunch date for some time, things just worked out today and the lunch date turned into a saree date.

You see two badass women who are driven by passion and think out of the box. 

Two of us changing the special need dynamics in our state in our own way. She works in the field and I have made it my calling. She is calm and compose and I am loud and noisy. She can blend in and I stand out in my sarees. She is motherly and I am bossy and get things done. 

But we both admire and adore each other and have tremendous respect for one another.
 








No comments:

Post a Comment