Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Find your tribe and trust them, let them contribute to make it better

The first born is trying to find his place in this world and our conversations and arguments are intense, intriguing and interesting.

He is trying to find a balance between a practical and an  impulsive approach. His mom and dad have similar values but different attitudes . Poor kid is a perfect example of the conflicting philosophy in many areas of life.

It is interesting how as parents we don’t have answers to everything our offsprings need. I don’t have any experiences from my 20s that might help in guiding him.  Whatever I suggest I have either read, observed or borrowed from someone else’s experience. But I do have people who have been through these scenarios . All I can do is connect him to those real life experiences.

He is looking for a place to live and I took him to see a friend who is in real estate business. The conversation flew seamlessly and he could explain  to Ajey so many things. More importantly my son took it in the right direction. I wonder if I had said the same thing, would it have been as effective?

One thing I am so happy about is my village. I am very fortunate to have such a diverse set of friends in my life. They continue to enrich not only my life but my offspring benefits too. If you are one of them please know your are much appreciated, more than I can express in words. I am grateful and so glad our paths crossed.

The drive was fun both ways. I hope my son learnt something from me too. Build you village and pay it forward - this never gets old.

May your day be brighter and kinder. 



On the way back home we stopped at Trader Joe's - I sure can teach him few things about grocery shopping :) 
He is so mini me in so many ways.






No comments:

Post a Comment