Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Are you ready to be a Mother in law?

 When you are in your 20s, you celebrate engagements, weddings, and then birth of their kids with friends. 30s are filled with birthday parties and school functions. 40s are about high school graduations and then once over 50 you get your friend’s kids wedding invitations. This year I got more of those than graduation or birthday celebration invites. 

Last night I went to the reception of a dear friend’s son. I have seen the “process” for almost 2 years. The son gave his mom the responsibility of finding the right one for him. I hear more from that generation ( including my son) how difficult finding a person is and pandemic has made it even harder. A few years ago I would have been surprised to hear that parents needed to be part of this process but I do see how difficult it can be.

Well, I am so happy that both the families got connected. The bride and groom are really happy so is the groom’s dad, a newly minted father in law. I hope my friend got a chance to enjoy the wedding and the reception because she really was very busy getting things done for months. A big fat Indian wedding in India and a grand reception here within a month really takes a lot of effort. 

My first born was my plus one for the reception and we talked about doing the same thing for him too. My son wants us to get involved. Ashish and I were 24 when we got married and our son wants the same for him except his parents didn’t need a match maker. I guess I have to up my game and start looking for that Special person for my son. 

 What is your story? Did you find your partner or your family found one for you. A Kanjivaram to celebrate my friend's status upgrade :) Ma to Sasuma 

PS. Ajey's profile is ready :) Have a look and let me know if you have someone in your mind for him 

https://ajey.space/great-to-meet-you









No comments:

Post a Comment