Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Matching of a musical gene in the horoscope - Bday celebration of my most favorite singer

 Feb 8th is a big day for some of us crazy people in the world. It is Jagjit Singh’s birthday . I had a wonderful morning chatting with some of the fans from across the world over Zoom. Heard some rare recordings, about some very close connections and memories. All of us felt the connection without meeting in person. All of us were tied and mesmerized by the person called Jagjit Singh. we all forgot everything else in the world and just enjoyed being there with each other.

Then I talked to another set of fans who were celebrating the day with a smaller group of people who left everything in the world behind and got together in Goa to celebrate.

Here I was juggling work, meetings and phone calls, day to day life, breakfast and winter weather. I so wanted to fit in everything and be everywhere.

The other call was very personal and interesting. We joked and laughed and then went back again to our favorite person on the earth - The one and only Jagjit Singh. Plans were made for the next celebration on my India trip. One very interesting topic came up - the matching of musical gene. Partnership and understanding of musical needs. The spouses and their musical interests . What do you do? How do you manage? Could you make her/him like what you do? Would you ask that question while getting to know the person, will it matter if you could go back and have that conversation? 

In other words, would you match your musical horoscope?


A fulkari Saree, Papa picked for me during our Amritsar Trip couple of years ago. When I dropped this saree and realized I wore the same saree last year too. I guess this saree ( a craft from Panjab) is in my collection for my most beloved Panjabi man/Sardar. 

दिल के दीवार--दर पे क्या देखा

बस तेरा नाम ही लिखा देखा


तेरी आँखों में हमने क्या देखा

कभी क़ातिल कभी ख़ुदा देखा


अपनी सूरत लगी पराई सी

जब कभी हमने आईना देखा


हाय अंदाज़ तेरे रुकने का

वक़्त को भी रुका रुका देखा


तेरे जाने में और आने में

हमने सदियों का फ़ासला देखा


फिर आया ख़याल जन्नत का

जब तेरे घर का रास्ता देखा


-सुदर्शन फ़ाकिर

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mre48dcW7YI

Mr. Husband may not matched with my musical horoscope 100% but listens to Jagjit Singh, as long as they are clear and good recordings. Vintage, old and private mehfil recordings and live's are not his thing. But he was patient and made me look pretty. I think that would do for now ;) 

Selfies and Timers are not fun though :( 

A milestone call - My sister in attendance. :) My younger sisters grew up listening to JS and ghazals, they didnt have a choice. 







No comments:

Post a Comment