Friday, November 4, 2022

Family Photoshoot - A tradition worth keeping every trip

Years ago I got a fun idea. It sounded crazy to implement but my sisters agreed. In our childhood we wore stitched Frocks and later Salwar kurtas from yardage, economical for a large family. Wearing the same clothes was a norm. During college we got bored and wore what we wanted. 

2005 India trip I bought Gap T Shirts for all of us. Somehow it brought back happy memories, we loved looking “same” but with different shapes and sizes. We did it again next trip with Kurtas but in 2013 the Saree and a photoshoot was planned. And then it just stayed with us. Every India trip a new saree, a new weave and a planned photoshoot, we did on our own first then the professional photographer was added. It was interesting to explain my “vision” of how we will NOT pose. “Don’t capture us, capture the emotions” was my mantra and instruction to the poor guy. Husbands and kids became part of this craziness. 

It became the “tradition”. Over the years we have grown and evolved with the whole drama.

We love it and so do people around us. My India trip and photoshoots are synonymous now.

This year as soon as I started planning my trip, Saree shopping was also planned. We ended up choosing Byloom and this yellow is from their collection. 

Things changed a week before my departure and I wasn’t even sure if I will be in the right set of mind to do such things. Being there with family helped me heal and my niece’s baby ( technically my grandkid) was very influential in changing things for me. 

Mr. Husband is well a loved brother in law and Son in law and he agreed to be part of my sisters request so here it was a family photoshoot as is.

In the last few trips I had introduced this idea to my in law’s side too and after some reluctance my demands were met :) We have few sets of those photoshoots and I am grateful for the pictures we have with my brother in law, specially his funny ones with the kids.

Hope you enjoy these pictures and make your own tradition. Ask questions and learn from my experience and make it even better.






























No comments:

Post a Comment