Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Festival and holidays - what do you want to celebrate this year?

With my brother in law’s sudden passing everything changed for our family this year, long awaited India trip was not at all what we had planned, but again life goes on. All of us were together and it helped us heal in a way. 

I had to change some of my travel plans and that was a big step. Things I wanted to do but couldn’t and it didn’t bother me much. I could move on to the next option.

Covid and may be my age has changed me, I don’t go by the “to do list” anymore, don’t rush into things and don’t have “must do” kind of attitude. Same thing happened with meeting people. I met whoever I could and didn’t mind if I couldn’t catch up with a few others.  I think that’s a big change and I am trying to accept it with grace.

Diwali and Mr Husband’s birthday were on the same day this year and that was something we were looking forward to. That one evening was about celebrating what we are blessed with, what we have and are living for today. The loss and pain is not going anywhere so we learn to live with it.

This Diwali was a celebration for the new addition in the family - an adorable grandkid (Our niece's 10 months old son)  celebration of family and the connection we have, that we all could be together. We celebrated my BIL’s life, his big loud laugh, his goofy sense of humor, his ability to connect with people. 

What do festivals mean to you? What are you changing in you,  within you or being happy with who you are? 



This one kid was capable of holding us hostage with his smile. 
The great grandma , When I got married our niece was 14 months old , This kid just looks like her mom 
This pic speaks volume My MIL with all her pain and loss -wishing a long life to her younger son 
The nephews got a cake without the "Y" I loved the "ji" 
and then we flipped the number 

No comments:

Post a Comment