Sunday, November 6, 2022

A town and its journey - we have come a long way

I love being a Franklinian. We moved to this town in 2003 for simple reasons like any other immigrant families - schools and budget.

We lived in Norwood in a rental community for 4 yrs, didn’t have any “homeowner” friends. Friends and everyone around us were computer engineers and most wives were on H4 visas so were not working. Not much information was available online either. With the Green card on the way we decided to look for a house. When we started we realized Norwood and neighboring towns were not for us, expensive and old mostly at the time and we knew we couldn’t do much with old houses. Another criteria was access to the “train to Boston”.

Our budget and a very wonderful realtor helped us choose this town. In our early 30s  we knew little about “family town” but I am so glad we are here. I have seen this town grow in various ways. I wish I knew then what I know now, I would have been a more active participant and enjoyed what this town has to offer. It is becoming a diverse town and I am so glad to witness the change. 


The Franklin cultural council has been very supportive of cultural diversity. At the Franklin Library yesterday the festival showcase “Diwali” was wonderful to watch.

It was done last year too. I saw mostly Indians participating though, would have loved if some non Indian families had come and joined the celebration. These event are fantastic to teach younger children about cultural diversity and other communities. 

My sincere thanks to organizers. Lots of hard work with planning and organizing, looking forward to more of these events.














No comments:

Post a Comment