Monday, June 19, 2023

Is there a time line for your grief?

 I spend my Father’s day morning celebrating a life, a friend’s father who moved on to a different joinery couple of months back. I had the privilege knowing him for a short time and was very fortunate to have some wonderful memories.

As I listened to my friend reminisce about her father, it made me ponder how one copes with such a loss. Is there a way to alleviate the pain? After all, her father was not just a parent to her but also her guide, mentor, friend, and someone she relied on every day.


We all have our own way of appreciating  our father figure but may be we take them for granted? We assume they are there for us always and fail to express what they really mean to us?


I have been through my share of scare recently and I know how dark it can be. Few years ago my father went through a surgery and the thought didn’t even occur to me that he may not come back. However, during his recent hospitalization, I realized just how fragile life can be.


I have seen some of my friends regretting not rushing to India on time, not being there by their parents side and honestly their grief has made me a better person.


What is your story? How did you celebrate your father’s day? Did you call to tell him you love him? I am not a day to celebrate kind of person and call my parents often, love them, argue with them, joke with them and some time be mean to them too but don’t miss a chance to tell how much I love them.

A simple mangalgiri to the remembrance meet

The first born was home - my happy photographer caught me in moment
 I let the boys enjoy the morning while I was gone. My boys are very lucky to have a wonderful dad - to celebrate what he is and I am not  I took the man out for a dinner :)
and here is one with my Hero- from one of our many small walks 



No comments:

Post a Comment