Monday, June 19, 2023

What is one thing you are proud of?

 This Friday was all about hanging out in Cambridge with my firstborn, Ajey. He had attended an open mic program last month and insisted that I should come next time. When someone sang a ghazal there, it reminded my kid of his mom, and that was enough for me.

He had a work BBQ, and the plan was for me to pick him up from there and go to Cambridge. My story would have been about the open mic evening. When I arrived, he asked me to come and meet the host. Totally unprepared, I walked in and met the host and many of his colleagues. They were so generous with their compliments, not only about my saree but also about Ajey. People of all ages, from seniors to the young, talked about how wonderful he is as a human being. They described him as hardworking, curious, polite, and someone who gets things done. But the prevailing theme was how uplifting his spirit is.


I was told that we have raised a wonderful son, and that was the highlight of my evening. I will come back to admit and write about how awful I felt last weekend as a mom with Anand when I am ready. So, this experience was really refreshing.


We both went to Cambridge, and once again, I realized how lucky I was. Among the younger crowd, we were a mom and son duo, enjoying what we love the most: art, culture, and music together on a summer evening.







I did recite a poetry by Faiz and Ibn-e-Insha . Spoke little bit about Desi Moms Network and a dad came forward to tell me about his son. He said he came for the first time and was grateful that I was there, Desi Moms Network grew by one more family. Somethings just become the cause for a bigger effect. 



No comments:

Post a Comment