Saturday, June 3, 2023

Life in a metro or a day in the Metro in Bangalore.

I have been visiting Bangalore for over 17 years. My parents moved to Bangalore to be with my sister and help her raise her children. Now they are like another set of kids for her. We didn't do many touristy things earlier as it was mostly family visits.

Bangalore's traffic made it hard to do fun things, and my trips were also short. However, this time I had more days in hand without much traveling to other places. With a grown niece and teenage nephew, it was more fun to do various activities.


My sister recently moved to a home next to a major bus/train and metro station. So this time, I decided to enjoy the luxury of public transport in Bangalore. The air-conditioned Volvo buses and Metro train system are such a blessing. Having a chauffeur-driven car is a necessity in India, not a luxury. You are not driving in that traffic, but it still takes a good chunk of time. The Metro was my favorite mode of transport this time. It is still not available all over Bangalore, but soon enough, I will be able to go far from my sister's home.


As I traveled with my nephew and niece, we enjoyed our personal time. We went to a mall, hung out, had dinner, shopped, and made it home without getting tired and on time.


Bangalore, I cannot wait to come back to you to enjoy my trips to Majestic station or Chickpet, M G Road, and Commercial Street from Kadugodi.

What is your Metro story?


A cotton saree from Amma's closet for a Saree Meet. 


A Bartender in a saree, I could go behind the Bar - Perks of sister owning a Restaurant 

For my afternoon Saree meet I travelled by bus and got back by Metro. So did many Saree Sakhies - What a fun bunch of women to spend an afternoon.  

I travelled by bus and Metro few times this time, the ticket counter guy also got used to seeing me, a woman with 500 Rs note for a 15 RS ride. I swiped my Visa for two tickets . .38 cents for two tickets. He had change ready for me next time. 

A Bus and Metro date with my niece.




No comments:

Post a Comment