Wednesday, August 18, 2021

The calm before the storm - minus one - The last night at home

 Last week I decided to document our count down for Anand’s going to a new program this year. These posts are my daily blogs. Past two weeks were eventful in way to say the least. Ajey’s moving to city and Anand to the Berkshire I hope for the best for my men. 

Sunday - The three Pandeys ate Mirchi bhajj and pakoras for breakfast while Anand decided to play video games. He made pasta for his lunch and the rest of us ate poori. Having Ajey home has been a comfort in a way.

I wonder what is happening in all those households who are sending their kids to college or various programs. We packed almost everything on Friday. Dad and I had taken the day off thinking we would go out for dinner, shopping or something fun. But Anand decided not to do any of these so we packed. He could care less so I ended up packing my way. After that we just just hung out at home and watched TV without talking much. It was different when Ajey was going to college. Or may be I don’t remember much because I didn’t document it as such. 

I remember shopping mostly from Bed, Bath and Beyond and driving to his college and then helping him unpack in his college room. 

This time we had so much stuff at home so did most of the shopping in Costco and Amazon. How different these two experiences are.

I wanted to cook and feed him his favorite food but for the last one week he has been eating his meals his way, cooking pasta or getting take outs. The farewell dinner was Panera. The mom in me cringed but I had to honor his wish . So Panera bread won over moms cooking. 

We all went to bed with questions and check lists on our minds and hope in our hearts.


Dropping Ajey at the train station will be a norm but this was first time. A strange feeling to say good bye to him. We are so similar yet so different. We argue and get onto each other's nerve but again we both get it. A hug from him and words that everything will be okay was enough to held me together that day. 


Panera was supposed to be a takeout but he decided to eat there last minute. 


This was our breakfast and lunch, Left over went in another backpack for Ajey's Monday brekafast :) Fresh Chili from a friend's garden.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bhajiyas and the Mirchi pakoras look so yumm and mouth watering!!

    Good Luck to Anand on this new journey ❤️

    ReplyDelete